Where I Went, What I Learned; Wooster Shares Their Transformative Travel Experiences – Jill Munro

Jill Munro: Associate Director of Community Engagement

“Highlighted Senses in India.”

Where I Went:

Delhi, Shillong and Darjeeling

Why I Went:

In 2013, I took a group of 9 Wooster students to have a 5-week experiential learning course at St Anthony’s College focusing on Geography, History and Political Science from a Fulbright Scholar who had spent a semester at Wooster.

What I Learned:

I could write a book on what I learned about Wooster students, myself and India on our trip! Every sense was highlighted to an extreme on a daily basis – sights, smells, sounds, tastes and even touch -from the constant blaring of car horns in Delhi to the beauty of the Taj Mahal, to the taste of succulent pineapple with cayenne on a rocking train, to the soft yet rough hide of the elephant we rode through the forest. Each day was filled with both challenges to a greater understanding of each other, ourselves and amazingly diverse India. It was the trip of a lifetime and I will forever be changed by it.

By Becky Webb
Becky Webb Pathways Program Coordinator, Peace Corps Prep Coordinator, GEO Admin. Coordinator