Where I Went, What I Learned; Wooster Shares Their Transformative Travel Experiences – Johnathon Reynolds

Johnathon Reynolds: Director of Residential Life

“In short, the history of Galileo, 15th-16th century Roman politics, different art and architecture styles, and much more!”

Where I Went:

Italy:

Rome, Florence, Venice

Why I Went:

I was a member of Astronomy Club at Wittenberg University and was close to the Professor of Physics, Dr. Daniel Fleisch. He wanted to take a group to study Galileo Galilei.

What I Learned:

Our trip started during winter break in Rome, Italy. We spent 5 days in Rome where we learned about the forum, coliseum, and interacted with different leaders from the community about the maintenance of these historical sites. After the 5th day, we traveled to Florence for 7 days to learn about Galileo Galilei. This included touring his workshop, museum, and home. We then toured different art sites such as the Uffizi. After we went to Venice for a day trip and did a reverse tour of Florence and then Rome. Upon returning to Rome, we visited the Vatican and got to see the Pope.

By Becky Webb
Becky Webb Pathways Program Coordinator, Peace Corps Prep Coordinator, GEO Admin. Coordinator